Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Confetti's - C In China

Instead of doing the editing I should be, I'm reading about 70s, 80s and 90s electronic music, particularly from Europe. One of the bands I came across was the Belgian New Beat band Confettis, who have this ridiculous and might I say, rather offensive, single, "C in China." wtf. Minus one for the Europeans. From working with a Dutch and an Eastern German all day every day, I'm beginning to get the impression that many of the movements and ideas that I feel are central to my personal belief system as an (Asian) American (feminist) etc. really didn't have much of an impact on the other side of the Atlantic.

3 comments:

Koenraad said...

umm... yeah that was belgium indeed

the tune sounded familiar but i actually listened to the lyrics oops

kisses,
one of the belgians
(and keep up the good writing, i enjoy)

jane voodikon said...

:) didn't know anybody was actually reading this--good to hear from you!

Unknown said...

On behalf of the Europeans, I would like to apologize for this song. 1990s were kind of the dark ages for our understanding of China and its development.